Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Recent Budget Buys

I'm always on the hunt for the best deal possible. Earlier this week, Jon and I took the kids to Target. We had just inventoried our winter wardrobe and realized none of them had boots that fit. That's a necessity in Ohio! Jon checked the Target app and noticed a 20% off shoes coupon that was expiring that day, so off we went. Of course, the girls quickly discovered something very not winter-friendly: high heels! This pair to be exact. Originally we said no, but upon further review, I noticed I had an extra 20% off coupon for being a Red card holder in my Target app. Between these offers and my 5% Red card discount, that brought these shoes from $19.99 to about $12.15/pair! So we decided to live spontaneously and got them each a pair. They've been a huge hit ever since, only made sweeter by the sweet deal we scored.
This isn't really a budget buy, but my favorite wins on Win It! are those that are worth $5! I haven't discussed this yet as this app is affiliated with Sears and Kmart--who might be filing for bankruptcy in the next few days--so the app might go away. If they don't, expect a post all about how I get my household essentials (and sometimes more!) for free soon.
We went from close to 90-degrees to about 50-degrees in Ohio this week. The kids wanted to go to the playground and forgetting just how cold 57-degrees can feel, we acquiesced. I regretted it immediately, especially since I didn't bring a sweater. After about half an hour of playing in the wind, we called it and headed home. That cold weather called for our first hot chocolates of the season! I got my son's mug on clearance at Target last December (post-Christmas sales for the win) for less than a dollar. The girls had Santa and Christmas tree mugs from the same sale. These are the kids' favorite things about hot chocolate!
On Thursday, Shutterfly offered an amazing sale - a TON of freebies if you just pay shipping (which they usually jack up in price for the freebies to recoup their losses). We're talking free puzzles, memory games, bags, mugs, notepads, prints, coasters, ornaments, luggage tags--the list goes on and on. Well, there was also a coupon where if you spent at least $10 and ordered in the app you could get free shipping. So that's exactly what I did :)
$12.95 for $250 worth of products? I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment