Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Money Making Website Spotlight: Swagbucks (Part I)

Swagbucks is a website you can use to earn money for doing tasks like watching videos, answering surveys, or shopping through their link (similar to Ebates). I had started using Swagbucks many years ago but after a handful of failed survey attempts and making literally pennies I threw in the towel.

Fast forward about five years and suddenly I am trying to save for a Disney vacation on a budget that doesn't leave much left at the end of each month. I couldn't justify siphoning this little bit of money away for something frivolous so I decided to figure out how people were able to use Swagbucks to fund their Disney vacations. I did a ton of research and finally understood it all. You can cash out to a variety of gift cards (including PayPal) from Swagbucks. 100 Swagbucks (often referred to as SBs) are the equivalent of $1.

Swagbucks is somewhat of a complicated beast. For the sake of brevity, I will be writing multiple posts just to make it easier to understand. So far, I have earned close to $2400 using Swagbucks and I started using it actively in December 2017. My Disney vacation (which won't be happening until sometime in 2020) is half funded thanks to it. I spend less than an hour per day using Swagbucks and that is spread out throughout the day so it isn't a huge commitment. If you have an hour to mindlessly scroll Facebook each day, you have an hour to make money! It is all about your mindset: this isn't typically a huge immediate payout (though there are exceptions!). But if you are saving for something long-term and are patient, it really does add up.

So how do you get started? First, create an account.

Disclaimer: if you sign up using my referral link, Swagbucks will match 10% of your earnings and give it to me (so you don't lose anything, they just pay out above and beyond to whoever refers you). If you don't want me to benefit from you using Swagbucks, by all means - don't use my link. But if you do use my link, I genuinely appreciate it as it does take time (and money) to keep this blog going.

Anyway, once you create an account you will want to get acclimated with the different sections of Swagbucks. I will start taking you through each section and what I personally do every day over the next several posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment