Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Background

I work full-time. That is obviously the main source of our income. That being said, we are a family of five and my income doesn't leave much leftover for things like vacation. I really started getting serious about the budgeting journey when I realized I wanted to take our kids on a Disney vacation in a few years. Do you know how expensive Disney is!? I knew we couldn't afford to siphon any of my regular income towards a Disney fund (especially since my husband, Jon, isn't the most excited about this vacation) so I started to explore other ways of making money with minimal effort on the side.

There's an entire world of apps, survey sites and ways of earning money that I had no idea existed. Through trial and error, I have developed a system using these tools that averages anywhere from $100-$300 per month for my Disney fund (or any extras/expenses that may arise during the month). I don't spend very much time each day to make this work for me, so I thought I would start out by sharing how I do that here. I'll start slow (apps like Receipt Hog) and work my way up to more complicated and intensive systems such as Swagbucks. Honestly, the biggest difficulty with what I do is developing the routine. If you can remember to do what I do every day for about 5 days, it becomes second nature and is so easy to mimic. Please don't hesitate to comment on any posts if you need clarification or want to share your own tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment