Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Money Making App Spotlight: Ibotta

Ibotta is just slightly more intensive than Receipt Hog or Fetch Rewards. Ibotta serves as a mobile coupon source. They have approved retailers that get offers for specific products. The way I use Ibotta is I make a grocery list (most of the offers are food-related) and before I go I always check the Ibotta app to see if there are any coupons for anything I need to buy. If so, I will write down the details on my grocery list (because sometimes it's more cost effective to buy a store brand even with the Ibotta offers) for reference later. I will also note if there are specific terms (sometimes the coupons may require you to buy more than 1 or there is a limit on how many times you can redeem it) that may influence my decision. After I go shopping, if there is any overlap in what I bought and Ibotta, I just take a photo of my receipt and upload it to Ibotta.

Ibotta is more than just a grocery store app, though. You can also shop through the app online and get a certain percent back on your purchases. When I need to make an online purchase, I always compare Ibotta's cash back with Ebates and Swagbucks, which I will go into later. Once you hit $20, you can cash out to PayPal, Venmo, or a variety of gift cards. If you use my referral link to sign up, you will earn $10 after redeeming some offers. I started actively using Ibotta last summer and I've already gotten nearly $340 back.

No comments:

Post a Comment